How To Start a Blog Business At Home
Do you want to start a blog business at home? You might like the idea but be intimidated by the details like web hosting, web design or coding. Good news. You don’t have to know much about any of those to start your own business. You can see the steps I recommend below.
What Are the Steps To Build A Blog Business At Home?
If you want to build a blog business, here are the steps I recommend from experience. I have 4 websites myself, all hosted through Wealthy Affiliate.
- Sign Up For Premium Membership at Wealthy Affiliate or Try the Free Membership with No Obligation and No Credit Card.
- Pick Your Niche from your own interests. Pets, plants, cars, cooking, photography, exercise, fashion or any other topic you can imagine.
- Set Up Your Website with one of thousands of themes provided with your membership.
- Do Keyword Research to See What Terms People Are Looking For That Have Low Competition. Use the built in platform for this.
- Start Writing with easy writing platforms provided.
- Sign Up For Google Analytics.
- Get Comments and Feedback on your content to start getting traffic to your site.
- Join Affiliate Programs if you want to turn your blog into a business.
- Add Links to Affiliates.
- Write, promote your site, start getting readers and making sales!
Where Can You Get Honest Web Hosting and All Instruction To Build a Blog Business?
I tried other platforms and I can say I honestly believe in Wealthy Affiliate hands down. They provide:
- Web Hosting with 24/7 IT Support
- No Upsells. Pay One Price and No More
- Step by Step Instructions to Build Your Blog Site
- Instruction on All Aspects of Turning Your Blog Into A Business such as keyword searches, affiliate programs, images, using Google Analytics, search engine updates explained in basic terms, comments, linking and so much more.
- Built in Platforms for Keyword Searches, Comments, Writing, Free Images and more. These are powerful tools you won’t find elsewhere.
- An Amazing Community of Entrepreneurs From Around the World to Help You.
- Real Company Owners Who You Can See Without Paying Extra.
- Many Options to Build Your Business All At the Same Price.
Many companies claim it is easy to start a blog but I can tell you from experience how to avoid getting scammed in the process. It is very easy to build a blog with a reputable hosting company but please don’t fall for the common advertising. Here is why:
It is Easy to Build a Blog Business But Don’t Fall for The Advertising!
Yahoo, Go Daddy and many other sites advertise how easy it is to start a website. It is! I would not go through these companies however. Many of these sites offer packages starting at only $10 a month but you will get caught in upsells and fees. I fell for these sites myself and regretted it. I felt lost. I did not have the help needed to truly build a successful blog let alone a business. It felt like a dream wasted along with money down the drain. I am now a member of a great site that provides everything I need for one price that does not change. They are real people. You can contact the owners and get 24/7 IT Support from their team. This platform is called Wealthy Affiliate and they have helped me start multiple blog businesses.
How Long Will It Take to Build A Blog Business and Start Making Money?
This is a common question that most everyone ponders when they consider starting a blog business. The fact is there is no easy answer because there are millions of individual paths you can take. You may be working full time and have a family to care for and want to build your blog up slowly over time. That is great! You will obviously have less time to dedicate than someone who can work at this like a full time job. Honestly I prefer the slow and steady approach while I still have a regular job. I have the security of a regular paycheck and know I am building up my own business at the same time. Win win!
Just as your personal timetable affects the timeline of your business, you choice of niche and the type of blog you run will affect it as well. If you pick a very popular niche with a ton of competition and don’t learn to find great low competition keywords, you could take much longer to start making sales.
If you choose a low competition niche you can quickly rise to the top of the little competition out there. I prefer to pick fairly popular niches that are known as “evergreen niches”. These are not popular like the latest pop star or social media craze. They are popular since many people are looking for these topics everyday. My first site was a pet product site. Pets are a huge niche but it is an evergreen niche because it never goes out of style.
You might wonder how you can be successful in such a popular niche. The key is exactly what Wealthy Affiliate teaches. It starts with keyword research. That means finding search terms that people are looking for online that do not have much competition. There are a million ways to ask a question about pets. Depending on the specific topic and wording you can find terms that people are typing into search engines but that few other websites are using. Wealthy Affiliate has their own keyword research tool that makes this a breeze! Just type in your search term ideas! This tool alone makes the membership fee worth it. It is one of a ton of tools and platforms that Wealthy Affiliate offers.
Just like keyword research, there are many tips and tricks to help you quickly get to the top of the search results. You will truly have a leg up in building a blog business.
Another huge benefit to Wealthy Affiliate is the Site Comments platform. This is a way for other members to leave comments on your web posts. This is a massive head start since they will be your first traffic and the search engines reward sites that get traffic and comments. You can pay for comments or leave comments on other’s sites to get credits to receive comments in return.
So, How Soon Can You Start Making Money With Your Blog Business?
If you follow all the steps and put in the time you can start making money fairly fast. This is not get rich quick and you really need to stick it out and build up your business over time to be successful. I started making sales the second month my site was up and running. It was not a lot but it showed that if you really follow through this works! The more you work on your site the faster you can get up and running.
What if You Can’t Do Training and Work On Your Blog at a Set Time?
Working on your blog is entirely up to your schedule. You can work during the day or at night. You can access the lessons and training anytime, any day, all year long. There is no set class time or expiration date as long as you are a member. Stop anywhere and pick back up when you are ready.
How Long Will It Take to Get A Blog Started?
The choices are up to you but the basics can be set up the first day.
Click the green box above to see details of the program and how you can use it!